When I’m on vacation, I’m usually in “go – go – go!” mode. I can’t seem to see enough sights, or walk down enough streets. It’s my husband who has to tell me to take some time to relax, because – inevitably – I come back from my trips more tired than when I left! Clearly this isn’t what you should aim for on your well-deserved vacation. So if you decide to treat yourself for a few hours of blissful relaxation in Lisbon (and I recommend you do!), there’s only spa you should be looking at: THE SPA at Corinthia Hotel Lisbon.
So what makes THE SPA my favorite? Four very good reasons:
1. Scale: Whilst the sheer size of the facilities (the largest in the capital) is impressive, THE SPA is also surprisingly diverse. The different rooms are each designed for a specific treatment, ranging from the UFO-like massage capsule room, to a Vichy shower room, to couple’s massage rooms with their own steam baths… each of the rooms is a private and unique sanctuary. THE SPA is so large that – once inside – I forget I’m in a hotel. Your state of mind starts to change from the moment you walk in, thanks to the low lighting and relaxing music that surround you… and that’s before the fun stuff even begins!
2. Specialty treatments: THE SPA prides itself on making sure your experience tailored to you and your individual needs. For example, even though it’s not on their menu, my massage therapist took all the care to customize my massage for a “mommy-to-be”. This meant I only lay in specific positions, that she focused on relaxation movements instead of pressure points, and even only used pregnancy-friendly oils and scents. It’s these special touches that put my mind at ease, knowing I was in capable, knowing hands the entire time. Similarly, if you have a particular medical condition, THE SPA’s specialists will adapt your treatment for you. After all, you can’t relax the body if your mind is busy worrying whether your massage therapist knows what they’re doing!
3. The Acqua Spa: There are spas… and then there are spas. The Acqua Spa, part of THE SPA, is where you go to relax after your treatment. There, you’ll find a dynamic pool, hot tub, cold plunge, ice bucket shower, sauna, steam room, sensory showers, and a pebble walk. So really, there’s something for everyone! I’m not brave enough for the ice bucket shower, but have seen other people do it and they absolutely love it! If you decide to give it a try, you can always head straight into the jacuzzi to warm up afterwards. The dynamic pool is incredibly relaxing and exactly what I needed after my massage to prolong the calming experience. I loved being the only person in the entire Acqua Spa at the time; the only sounds I could hear were the water falling and gentle music – simply idyllic!
4. The little things: The big things like the professional care and high-end facilities are obviously important. But often, the little things go a long way to making a great impression. For example, the constant care by the spa staff, making sure I had everything I needed (“yes, everything and more!”). It was these little things, from the moment I arrived, that differentiated it from other spas. On arrival, I was greeted with a glass of vitamin-infused water. The healthy snacks in the post-treatment relaxation room, such as dried apricots, banana chips, and cashews, alongside the hot and cool beverages, were another lovely added touch. You can’t help but feel like a VIP here.
Because most of my readers will have to wait until their next trip to Lisbon to experience THE SPA for themselves, I couldn’t resist but give one lucky participant the opportunity to sample some of the lovely spa products that are used at THE SPA at the Corinthia Hotel Lisbon. I will be sending one winner two gift boxes (one for men, one for women) of travel-sized ESPA brand (used at THE SPA) products. The women’s set includes: 1 Energizing shower gel; 1 Optimal body triserum; 1 Smooth & firm body butter; and 1 Pink hair & scalp mud. The men’s set includes: 1 Invigorating face wash; 1 Dual-action shavemud; 1 Postshave rescue; and 1 Hydrator. For full rules, please see below. THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED. Congratulations to our winner Isabel Almeida Ferreira!
To enter you must:
1. Like A Portuguese Affair’s Facebook page.
2. Share the original Facebook post on your Facebook profile (be sure to make this post public so we can see you’ve done it) and name a person you’d like to get pampered with at THE SPA. Full rules below.
Rules: Winner will be chosen randomly and announced on this post and on A Portuguese Affair’s Facebook page. No purchase necessary to enter the Contest. The Contest is open to legal residents of the United States and Canada, where not prohibited by law, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Residents of Canada will be required to enter a skill-testing question to claim their prize. Contest will be open from November 2nd, 2017 and will close on November 9th, 2017 at 5 pm (EST). The winner will be announced on or about November 10th, 2017 on this page and on A Portuguese Affair’s Facebook page. Announcement and instructions for prize will be sent by private message/email to the winner within five (5) days of winner announcement. Each entrant is responsible for monitoring his/her private messages for prize notification. If a potential prize winner cannot be reached within fifteen (15) days, or if the prize is returned as undeliverable, that potential prize winner shall forfeit the prize. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. By entering, Entrants agree to a complete release of Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. By entering, Entrants agree to a complete release of A Portuguese Affair and the Corinthia Hotel Group and its subsidiaries in relation to any allergic reactions or misuse of the prize that may arise from the use of this prize.